Thursday, November 8, 2007

...a much needed break, of sorts....

monday i had my ct scan in the morning, then met with my oncologist in the afternoon. the results for the bone scan and the muga test from the week before were GREAT...no issues...everything looks good. as far as the ct scan, however, there were two little things that need to be looked at that came up on the CT scan before I can start chemo:

1. there is a small (4.5mm x 3.5mm) nodule in my right lung, and...
2. they found a cyst on my left ovary (i told them i am getting ready to ovulate, but they want an ultrasound to be safe.)

they may not do anything about the nodule in the lung as it is so small, and under the rib bone...we may just wait and see if it changes shape/size. she is asking the radiologist to look at the scan. once she gets all those results, we will schedule the start of my chemo (if all is well)...looks like the day after thanksgiving is the target.

well, today i had the ultrasound before i went to work...and after a good deal of prodding around, it comes out that everything is just fine...nothing abnormal with any part of my reproductive organs, so yay me! now, if we can just figure out the plan with the lung, we will be all set...so, it looks like chemo will start two weeks from tomorrow after all....which means, i will have another two weeks of feeling great before my treatments have to begin...which is good...i will feel good for bret's birthday, and can spoil him rotten, just like he deserves!

No comments: